Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Atlanta area woodworkers

On 2/3/2014 5:59 PM, krw@a
ttt.bizz wrote:
On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:07:13 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

woodchucker wrote:

But then again, any child star has that ability to turn into the most
F'd up adult. The lack of proper parenting, the constant nurturing of
an out of control ego.., and never saying no to the brats.

Ron Howard didn't turn out TOO bad. He's a typical liberal Hollyweird
type but seems to be alright otherwise.

Well, you see what he and his handlers want you to see. Not saying that
he is not a perfect example of what one should strive to be but unless
you know him you really don't know him.

Rock Hudson, Andy Griffith, Peter Sellers? all seemed to be stand up
guys at one time.

The latter part of that statement being the most meaningful in my opinion.

I think it's deeper than that. The parents go nuts over the fame and
fortune (which they steal from the child) and it pollutes their whole
life. I thought Cyrus' parents were better than that but I was way
wrong.

Well her parents might be better but do you remember the picture of
Miley and her dad together laying on top of each other and both trying
to look like sexy?

I think where an unbridled flow of money is concerned morals go out the
window. If these people were truly talented, the type of talent that
has the staying power, they probably would not be doing what they are
doing to stay on the front pages do scandal magazines.

As it is, get while the getting is good.