Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Anyone under 60 and healthy?

On 2/4/2014 5:52 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Well Dr. Pete, I'm glad to see you posting and sharing your
knowledge. I picked up 9 different medications from my pharmacist
last Saturday. At the end of May last year, I was sent home to die
and had home hospice care and was walking around with a $32,000.00
automatic external defibrillator hanging off my belt. After 6
months, the hospice service determined I wasn't declining and ended
the service. I wasn't dying fast enough and the service was worried
about fraud that had happened with other hospice service
organizations. They came and picked up the bed, the oxygen machine,
tanks and all the other stuff. I shipped the $32k Zoll
defibrillator back to them. I take a handful of pills at 6:00am
and again at 6:00pm and I'm too damn ornery to die. ^_^

TDD

Don;t know the particulars, but had a bud who "timed out" of
hospice, but was picked by home healthcare. Same company, same staff,
just a different pot of money. Is this available?

No idea. Best source of information is probably a competent local
patient care ombudsman or social worker who is familiar with the
specific laws of the jurisdiction involved and the license provisions
and restrictions of the specific company.