Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone under 60 and healthy?

On 2/4/2014 8:39 AM, CRNG wrote:
IMO one cause for misunderstanding is the medical profession's
(perhaps unconscious) cultivation of a public aura of infallibly; I.e.
the "..doctor knows best.." aura. I'm guessing that medical pros are
taught early to project a mystique of confidence and certainty so as
to reassure the patient and family that all is under control. And
that is certainly worthwhile. But I do believe it leads to
disappointment when reality sets in.

One friend of mine describes the WCG syndrome,
White Coated God. That's when the MD think's
s/he is infallible.

--
..
Christopher A. Young