Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Atlanta area woodworkers

On Mon, 03 Feb 2014 18:59:53 -0500, wrote:
Ron Howard didn't turn out TOO bad. He's a typical liberal Hollyweird
type but seems to be alright otherwise.

Yes, but he was an earlier generation. The internet and instant
worldwide attention wasn't available when he was a kid.

I think it's deeper than that. The parents go nuts over the fame and
fortune (which they steal from the child) and it pollutes their whole
life. I thought Cyrus' parents were better than that but I was way
wrong.

I'd suggest it's society in general accompanied with the parent's
leniency that's the problem. But then, if they had been normal,
responsible parents, the child likely would never have become
infamous.