J T

Default Foundation slab - queries and good practices...

Sun, Jul 25, 2004, 6:55pm (EDT+4)
(John=A0Moorhead) says:
Folks -
Well, yesterday I put in another drip system for the half barrel
planters along
the West fence line snip

Nothing illegal I trust?

this is a 24x36 snip My estimates for Aggregates is $3,478, snip So
it's just a notch under 5 k for materials snip

Wow. What part of the country do you live in? A couple of years
ago I priced a slab for a garage, about 22X32, and I was quoted either
$1500 or $1600. That wa for the guy filling in at the back, as
required, the labor, forms, reinforcement, fill, etc., and concrete
(delivered by a ready mix company). Unfortuately, I wasn't able to do
it at the time, but hope to later this year - at some extra cost, I'm
sure, and after I get a loan. LOL I'm in central NC. Can't recall
exactly how much concrete would be required, but the cost then was $672,
as I recall, which was included in the $1500-1600 quote. I'm hoping for
$2 K max, but not holding my breath, I still have to get quotes.

You might want to check with some small contractors, and get some
quotes. If you still have time. I'm forced to pass on labor, because
of my back, but even so, I think I'd probably still pass on it, if I
could. I've done cement work in the past, and work is the operational
word.

JOAT
Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe.
- Bazooka Joe
THE NEW COPPERPLATE
http://www.banjer.com/midi/newcopp.mid