Default Nailer Query - followup question...

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:32:50 -0400, "Eric Ryder"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
om...

"Blake Pollard" wrote in message

Not according to my doctor it isn't.
More damaging to the nerves in the hand, than swinging a hammer is to

the
wrist
and arm.
He said you have to be nuts to use one for more than a few minutes a

day.
I asked for studies on the subject but he said it's just common sense.

I suppose that could be so, however my Senco model was very palm friendly
and it simply felt like I was pushing the nail into the wood. I really

felt
less shock than that of a hammer hitting the head of a nail.

I have the Senco as well. It's a well made piece of equipment that excels
on joist hangers, is useful for nailing/homing 20d nails or when using
hardwoods (put a rough oak floor in a small barn - the framing gun couldn't
home the nails), but is slower than a hammer on new work.

good for fascia work though, where all of the weight of a stick nailer
wants to pull you off of the roof.