Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Anyone under 60 and healthy?

On 2/3/2014 7:26 PM, Shadow wrote:
On Mon, 03 Feb 2014 11:08:32 -0500, Peter wrote:

well controlled high blood cholesterol if they were diagnosed and
managed soon after onset

You must be from the new brood. I suppose if someone has
"uncontrolled" high cholesterol, that would make them "disabled".
Gotta larf, what those drug companies stuff down young MD's throats.
They offer me trips to Europe if I prescribe their trash. Ha. Not me,
I'd rather die honest. []'s

I don't think you've read my reply in the context of the original
posting. And, I'm not part of any "new brood"; I'm a senior citizen.

I never said or implied that no physicians accept pharmaceutical
freebies. I said that such freebies rarely meet State standards for
continuing medical education. Personally, I never accepted those
invitations, found private practice too mercenary, and spent 30 years on
active duty as a medical officer in the military. I happen to agree
with your criticism of the pharmaceutical companies and although
physicians cannot be compelled to sign a promise to prescribe in return
for the freebies, the companies' intent is clearly apparent and those
M.D.s' bias to prescribe accordingly has been well documented, even
when it is a subconscious bias. You jumped to entirely unwarranted
conclusions.