Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Centronix gender?

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I never soldered them. I used a crimper to install pins for a
new DB25.

That reminds me of those white and red pin extractor tools. I just
saw one pop up not too long ago.

I've used thin brass tubing when the right extractor wasn't
available.

It's always the last pin or shell that just won't come out or has the
locking splays break off during the battle to be removed.That happensquite often if you don't push the wire in to pull the tabs away from the housing. Other times it's from excessive pulling on the wire, till it deforms the tabs.

I hate molex connectors for this reason. The phase of the moon will make a
the pins and shells go out of aligmment and then somebody force it,
leaving it broken for the next use. I'm surprised there isn't some $450
tool to pull the pins or shells back into the connector housing.