Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Best FOGLESS interior paint sprayer?

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 08:21:28 -0700, Lab Lover wrote:

....snip....
You are welcome. Might I suggest you check out Craigslist, you might find
bargain on a used unit. They are fairly easy to test before you buy them,
see:

http://bit.ly/1afbbNA

didn't think about craigslist, good resource

Irritatingly, I own a VERY expensive airless sprayer ...that's in storage,
so no access.

One of those 2,000+ psi with legs to sit over the 5 gal bucket. I used it
on a two story house once, hated the 'orange peel' finish, but hated to
thin the paint anymore. and more than 50 ft away, don't notice that much.

A painter told me 'no matter what DON'T stick your finger over that
orifice!' seems he had a friend who tried freeing a clog with his finger
tip, and as the clog came undone the high psi shoved a lot of paint into
his flesh "intra-epidermously" said he had like a 'bag' of paint inside
his flesh like a big balloon. wouldn't have been so bad but latex is a
real organic contaminant and he ended up losing finger(s) later. now
that's a BIG ouch! glad he shared, wouldn't have thought so much damage is
possible. In retrospect, since it was a 'friend' wonder if the story is an
urban myth, or real.

What I'm trying to paint are walls, especially a surface along a hallway,
so right at eye level next to your face, and worse catches the light so
has to be uniform. Brushing with a 'feather' brush hasn't worked very
well. I can see 'patterns' along the wall. and rolling is out of the
question since brushing shows potential problem. I found that if you can't
brush it on well, it won't roll on well either! just end up with bigger,
more insidious problems from the roller and rolling patterns.

So thought, may be able to spray with less problem, but I still fight that
wet paint over tacky paint pattern! I think can be attributed to a
'textural' difference, being slightly rougher. The best result I ever had
was spray painting 80 french door panels using an adjustable airbrush and
lacquer based paint. Now that went well. brushing was a bit out of the
question, besides being extremely tedious there was 'puddling' and overlap
onto the glass, and etc etc.