Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Christie Collapse Complete - Lunatic Fringe Takes Over

Per The Daring Dufas:
Erik, is Fat Boy your governor? He's not my governor so I don't give a
poop. Let the citizens of his state deal with it. He's their problem,
not mine. ^_^

He's not my governor either - and I'm registered independent and not
Republican.. I gave up on Republicans when Reagan started in on
"Reaganomics".

Fiscally, I self-identify as an arch conservative bordering on
reactionary - and neither party is anywhere close to what I would call
being fiscally conservative. One party talks big, but doesn't deliver;
the other doesn't even make a pretense.

Having said all that, I kind of like Christie. It's purely based on
how he comes over in the media - which I admit is a
pitifully-inadequate, shameful, even criterion for judging somebody.

But criticizing him because he's a vindictive SOB is a bad rap IMHO.
By-and-large these are not nice people. At that level of politics I
think nice people are a vanishingly-rare breed - that's just the way of
the world.

But how can you not give some credit to a guy who says, in so many
words, "I'm obese because I eat way too much, and what I eat is junk."

I wouldn't vote for the guy either - but people should cut him some
slack.
--
Pete Cresswell