Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 9:18:25 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 06:58:30 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:32:20 AM UTC-8, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :

snip

You are describing ANY 2x half-ton pickup. Without some weight in the bed they are very light on the rear end. At least the suburban has some weight back there. You are also grossly exaggerating the handling characteristics. That you can't drive one like a sports car and are thereby disappointed only shows you don't understand the purpose for which they were built.

It's a WORK truck, not a play-toy although I see way too many 4xs that are bought as, and treated like, play toys.

I bought mine because I'm always doing something around the house.
Cars just don't cut it if you're a DIY homeowner.

That wouild be a work truck then. I have a stock of firewood now that will last me the rest of the time I have but will still always have a work truck to haul stuff a car, van or SUV can't. Even when I cut, the only time the truck moves is if it will be hauling something (trash, recycle, yard waste, etc).

Harry K