Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. is offline

Default 34970A logger loss of serial com

In article ,
says...
All internal supply voltages are present and accounted for, with no
physical signs of overloading or damage, so far. Agilent forums are
silent on the issue, so far, but I don't think many hardware guys
bother monitoring things there.

RL

I don't know the inside of that unit but if it is any
thing like some equipment we have at work that uses
Intel based mother boards, many things do, the CMOS
battery could be bad and with that, your IRQ settings
are now incorrect and can't link with all the hardware
install.

One example here is, we had to configure INT 11, which
was talking to the custom PCI IO card to operate in legacy
mode, otherwise, it just didn't think any connected devices
was there and reported errors..

If this is the case, you may even have more custom data
being stored that was calibration data from HP that is now
out in left field.

It would be interesting to know if this does in fact have an
Intel board in it. If so, it could also have a video and keyboard
port.

jamie