Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Doorknob in MIDDLE of door

They have been showing re-runs of the old tv series "The Brady Bunch" on
ME-TV lately. I noticed on that show, they have an entry door, with the
doorknob right in the MIDDLE of the door. The height is normal, but the
knob sits directly in the center of the door, in other words, if the
door is 36", the knob is 18" from both the hinges and the striker plate.

I've never seen anything like this in real life. But I suppose it might
exist. Have any of you ever seen this in real life, or is this just a
tv prop? I can not imagine having to drill 18" into the edge of the
door and keeping it straight without exiting the drill out of the door
surface. It also looks like it would be real clumbsy to operate a door
like that.....