RonB

Default Drill press mortising Jig

I purchased mine in the Wichita, Kansas store about 2-3 years ago.

"AArDvarK" wrote in message
A confession: A few days after I returned my Delta Kit my wife

mentioned
that Harbor Freight had a mortiser on sale for $99. My initial response

was
"don't need THAT one!" A week or so later we drove by the store, I went

in
and looked at one and decided "oh-well. Only $100. I'll give it a

try."
The machine came with three bits that looked much like the delta, has a
fairly long plunge handle, has decent power and it makes square holes.
Granted the hold down hardware sucks but that can be improved. I have

used
the machine quite a bit and it continues to make square holes. I doubt

if
it will be my life-long mortiser but the complete machine cost about $30
more than the compromise kit.

That I was wondering about myself, as I was in HF and saw it. Whch HF

store were
you in? I was in the one in Lomita, near Torrance CA on PCH.

Alex