Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

On 2/1/14 12:44 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I live in a rural farm area where there are a lot of big pickup trucks like
this: http://sportscars2013.com/2013-dodge-ram-1500-pickup-truck/ and
many of them have "disabled" window-tags or plates because there are a lot
of old people around here driving them. My questions is: if you are so
cripped-up that you need a crip plate, then how can you climb up and down
into that thing?

Since this NG has a lot of old crips hanging around, I thought this would
be a good place to ask. Your not working so you have the time to answer.

An acquaintance has a pickup, a wheelchair, and no legs below the
knees. I think he had amputations due to diabetes. There is an
electric hoist in the pickup bed to load/unload the chair.
I've never seen him get in or out of the pickup so can't answer how
he does it.