Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Big trucks w/crip plates

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 08:32:20 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per :
HAving moved up from a Ranger, it did take a little getting used to
driving it. SWMBO still won't get in the left seat. It really drives
well, though.

My F150 is the worst-driving vehicle I've ever owned. The Suburban was
pretty bad, but at least it went in snow without 4wd. The F150 really
*needs* 4wd and the rear end wants to break away on almost anything
short of perfectly-dry pavement.

That's an exaggeration. My 2013 was pretty good in the Atlanta ice
the other day. The back end never came loose. Yeah, if I still lived
in Vermont, I would have paid the extra $2000 for 4WD. My Ranger was
4WD and in the five years I had it down here, I never once used 4WD.
No need for 4WD here.

OTOH, it's envelope is pretty close to my own envelope and that's a good
thing. If I were driving a Porsche, I'd probably be dead within the
year.