Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] oparr@hotmail.com is offline

Default long 1/4" hex shank screwdriver bit sets

Why is it so difficult to find 4"-6" screwdriver bit **sets** with Phillips and slotted tips as in the subject? I'm talking bits like these;

http://www.amazon.com/PHILLIPS-SCREW...pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/PHILLIPS-SCREW...bxgy_hi_text_y

I'm not talking power bits with hex shafts all the way through like these (they suck);

http://www.amazon.com/PHILLIPS-SCREW...bxgy_hi_text_z

Heck, I'm almost to the point of buying several normal screwdrivers and cutting off the handles in my lathe. They'll at least work in a driver/drill cordless tool with jawed chuck, albeit with possible slipping.

Ever since battery powered screwdrivers, with their sloppy hex "chucks", made their debut in the 80's, it's like suddenly our screw driving needs no longer require shafts as long as what we're used to with manual screwdrivers.