Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence[_3_] Lawrence[_3_] is offline

Default Power Cut

Last night I had a power cut lasting 2 and half hours. This is not
unusual in our village but what was unusual was how it started.
Initially the oven switched off and the kitchen ring went off but all
the lights stayed on albeit dimmer than normal. Over the course of
the next few minutes, various lighting circuits went off and on a few
times before eventually all went off. While all this was happening I
had enough time to check my CU and pop next door to see if they were
affected. We came to the conclusion that a transformer was in the act
of going down but can anyone be more specific?