Thomas Kendrick

Default Nailer Query

Round, stick.
Prior advice is correct - choose nail availability, then get the
nailer which will drive them. I prefer the 20-22 degree nails.
Look on the end of the box of 3" bright framing nails and copy the
list of nailers which will drive them. Next find the nearest
construction supplier who sells those nails to framing contractors.
(not one of the home centers like Home Depot)
Ask them which nailers are the most popular and are most easily
repaired.
Now you will have a short list to review for cost, weight, ease of
use, etc. Very likely, you will find Paslode, Hitachi, Port-Cable and
Bostich in this group along with others such as Senco, Duofast and
Spotnails.
One feature to ask for is a restrictive fire trigger, either
selectable or as a replacement trigger. The Hitachi NR83A calls it a
single trip trigger. Unless you want to bounce-fire nails, this makes
you pull the trigger for each nail. The nailer is capable of firing 3
nails per second in the literature. I have done doubles.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:22:51 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

Folks -

I am thinking about getting a framing nailer. Do Y'all have any
recommendations or things to look for - clipped head vs round, stick vs
coil?

All I have is a brad nailer, so this is a bit more... Don't want to end up
like that guy with 7 nails in his noggin!

TIA

John Moorhead