Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Trying to understand the current draw of a Samsung Galaxy S3under GPS & low battery

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Danny D.:
Wow. Today I removed the S3 from the wall charger,
and, within 5 hours, the battery was nearly dead.

When I looked to see what was consuming the power,
I found, much to my surprise, that "Google Play Services"
consumed more power than the Android operating system!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/1...c685ceab_o.gif

The app that I use to remove unwanted system apps is called App Master.

It allows apps to be put in it's "Recycle Bin" from which they can be
restored.

So I'm not all that hesitant about uninstalling something. If the
device starts getting weird, I just restore it. The trick being, of
course, not to uninstall anything that would prevent App Master from
doing it's Restore thing...

Combining both of your posts, is it possible that since Google knows about
all of the apps you bought from them and tracks them, will it attempt to
restore them if you delete them?

I don't know for sure but I have seen automatic updating of apps on my
android devices, and if I bought them (even for free), they try to
reinstall.

Geoff.