Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
Danny D.[_13_] Danny D.[_13_] is offline

Default Trying to understand the current draw of a Samsung Galaxy S3under GPS & low battery

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:17:30 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

With GPS on I can leave it with screen black for a day and it will lose
less than 5% of it's charge. OTOH, maybe GPS is not working when the
screen is black..... ??

Wow. Today I removed the S3 from the wall charger,
and, within 5 hours, the battery was nearly dead.

When I looked to see what was consuming the power,
I found, much to my surprise, that "Google Play Services"
consumed more power than the Android operating system!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/1...c685ceab_o.gif