Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Trying to understand the current draw of a Samsung Galaxy S3under GPS & low battery

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:21:44 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Only place I'd fault it is announcements of route recomputation. Garmin
would right away say "Recomputing Route" as soon as I departed from it's
route. Sygic issues a couple of "Make A U-Turn" directives and then
just silently recomputes the route. I found that disconcerting and a
little confusing at first but now that I know what's coming I'm used to
it.

I had the same experience with Sygic, only much worse.
I was on a well-known shortcut (highway 84 in Livermore)
between i680 and i580 and Sygic, for fifteen miles, kept
telling me to make a u-turn.

It wasn't until I was almost at i580 that Sygic finally
decided to recalculate.

In contrast, Navigator freeware recomputes within 100 or 200
feet of missing an intersection.

On the other hand, the Sygic 3D display is absolutely gorgeous,
and, even better than that of the Garmin nĂ¼vi!