Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

On 2/1/2014 5:19 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

What makes Sam's better? Last time I was in one was many years ago
but go to BJ's regularly. No Costco near here.

I"m also interested in what people have to say. I quit subscribing to any
of those many years ago because I just did not see the savings in being a
member. We are only on the threshold of seeing our first Costco in the
Syracuse area so maybe that will change that landscape, but until now - it
just never paid off for us to buy a membership in Sam's or BJ's.

I see a lot of savings. Boneless pork loin at BJs is $2 a pound, at the
supermarket it is $4.50+ Saving $15 a month Butter is $2 cheaper.
Dishwasher detergent is half the supermarket price. Generic OTC drugs
very cheap. Some items less so, but we save quite a bit monthly.

Certain items I don't buy there because we don't use enough to justify
the larger containers.