Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Ford semi truck, cab heater not working

"Ignoramus23944" wrote in
message ...
On 2014-02-01, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus16088 wrote:
We have a 1985' Ford LNT9000 semi tractor. Its heater used to
work. It
was switched by a four position heater switch. It recently stopped
working. I just started troubleshooting this problem, and found it
be very painful to do, due to cramped panel and complicated wiring
that is hard to access.

So far, I have been able to locate two wires that supply
electricity
to the heater fan. If I apply 12v to them, the fan runs
vigorously.

The truck, as far as I can see, has no fuses.

From our motor-heads, I wanted to find out what would be the most
typical issue with those fans. Maybe it can help shorten my search
for
the trouble. Thanks

Fuse/breaker panel is behind the dash panel on the right side I
believe.
Been a while since I worked on an L series. Seems like a couple
screws
pulls the pad off.

OK, great, I would never guess, it helps a lot.

Does the fan blow at all using the switch? Usually high is straight
through?

No, it does not blow in any position.

The blower motor in my '91 slows down and needs re-oiling
occasionally. I drilled small holes for a needle oiler in the end caps
and cover them with aluminum tape.
jsw