Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Atlanta area woodworkers

On 2/1/2014 10:44 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/1/2014 9:25 AM, Leon wrote:
Fortunately it looks like the Woodworking shows will be back,
unfortunately the show will be in the gymnasium again. Hopefully it
will one day return to the Reliant Center. The Reliant Center is a long
way from where I live, actually the Katy gymnasium is quite close, but I
believe the show would be better if there was more room for the vendors
to spread out and room for more vendors.

I suspected that the show had been suffering from lack of interest, both
culturally and commercially ... gone with the likes of the David Marks,
New Yankee Workshop, Bruce Johnson, et el shows on TV, to make room for
the DIY'ers in homeowner's suits.

I totally agree.

Plus, the old geezers, who had grandiose plans of retiring and making
ends meet in their old age with their instantly acquired woodworking
acumen from the Intenetz, got a large dose of reality around 2008.

--
Jeff