Chris Oates

Default Re-routing "pyro" electical power cables

"Frisket" wrote in message

Ah, the joys of micc! It's at times like this a "real" sparky gets a warm
glow. Yes it's possible to "take the pyro out of the wall and terminate it
somehow" but only if you use a pyro gland. Some of our apprentices are
currently having nightmares about this stuff.

First came across Pyro about 40 years ago when fitting
encoders to Veeder Root mechanical computers in
petrol pumps - these fed data to Post Payment systems
we made for Gilbarco.
Hmmm...this stuff must be some sort of colour coded
armour....aha...a loose gland....I'll just twist it to tighten it up
BANG !!