Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Leaky handle

wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 20:01:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

We also have a plumbing supply house near us that I love. It's in the back
of a Kitchen and Bath Design Center. A lot of the contractors shop there.
As a homeowner you can get excellent advice from not only the folks behind
the counter but often from the contractors that are waiting on their
supplies.

For electrical parts (and advice) I use a electrical supply counter that's
in the back of a lighting design center. Same deal.

For one job, I actually "hired" a plumber to come to my house and tell me
what to do. We found a time that he was going to be nearby and I met him at
the house. I had already jack hammered the basement slab and exposed the
connection I needed to deal with. All he had to do was look in the hole and
tell me what to buy. Best $20 I ever spent 'cuz I wouldn't have figured it
out on my own.

Hey, if I'd known you couldn't figure it out on your own, I'd have
charged you 50. Please remit the other 30 dollars.

If your plumbing skills are as bad as your logical reasoning, you must be a
pretty lousy plumber.

If I hired you to come over and tell me what to do, how could you _not_
know that I couldn't figure it out on my own?