Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Trying to understand the current draw of a Samsung Galaxy S3 under GPS & low battery

Per dave:
Turn off GPS. It will drain your battery fast.

That's what I keep reading, but it does not match my experience with a
Samsung 10" Note.

I rooted the thing and cleaned out everything I could think of and it
holds a charge so well that I hardly ever turn it off.

With GPS on I can leave it with screen black for a day and it will lose
less than 5% of it's charge. OTOH, maybe GPS is not working when the
screen is black..... ??
--
Pete Cresswell