Peter Andrews

Default British Gas mark-up

"nemofish" wrote in message
news
nce based on their guarantee.

Were they going to install a boiler in each bedroom?

It did seem ridiculous at the time. In fact the salesman (he
certainly wasn't a heating engineer) who provided the quote even suggested
installing 2 smaller boilers to reduce the costs. My local heating
engineer who is currently undertaking the work can think of no reason
whatsoever why this might have been a good solution. I have to say that
BG have not left me with a good impression and I would steer clear.

That reminds me of the kitchen salesman who suggested to a friend of mine,
as space was tight, that they install a new condensing boiler in the middle
of the units as it was so efficient that it burnt it's own waste and didn't
need a flue! He eventually threw him out at 01:00 by which time the price
had come down from £15K to £4K.

Peter