Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default OT Ford semi truck, cab heater not working

Ignoramus16088 wrote:
We have a 1985' Ford LNT9000 semi tractor. Its heater used to work. It
was switched by a four position heater switch. It recently stopped
working. I just started troubleshooting this problem, and found it to
be very painful to do, due to cramped panel and complicated wiring
that is hard to access.

So far, I have been able to locate two wires that supply electricity
to the heater fan. If I apply 12v to them, the fan runs vigorously.

The truck, as far as I can see, has no fuses.

From our motor-heads, I wanted to find out what would be the most
typical issue with those fans. Maybe it can help shorten my search for
the trouble. Thanks

Fuse/breaker panel is behind the dash panel on the right side I believe.
Been a while since I worked on an L series. Seems like a couple screws
pulls the pad off.

Does the fan blow at all using the switch? Usually high is straight
through?

--
Steve W.