Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Ping for Andrew Gabriel

On 31/01/2014 17:24, fred wrote:

Delve a bit more into the data for the LEDs to find their peak rating, I
suspect the values given are the nominal and maximum _continuous_ values.

If you can't find it on the sheet then give us a link to the data sheet.

There are other issues as well but one step at a time.

I did try that, and contacted seller ... all he has is what he provided
.... he has no other data, he bought a job lot and has no data sheet.
All he could give me was:

100mcd ... forward Voltage 1.8-2.2V
20mA nominal current, 40mA maximum.

I'm happy if we set 20mA as the design criteria, need indication only
not light the room :-)