Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Leaky handle

On 01/31/2014 09:03 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/31/2014 11:59 AM, Adam Kubias wrote:

Yeah....there should be an access door behind the fixtures.
If not, then someone must have drywalled the area and it would be better
to cut open the drywall than to remove the tiles.

Drywalled. That is a much easier job

That should not be a bad job then, BTW: I advice cutting it with a knife
or something similar. I once cut open a wall with my sawzall and nicked
a copper pipe. Minor damage but not a good thing to do.

You can get hand saws that work, provided that you don't shove them in
too far around plumbing, or like you said, a utility knife works if you
are patient (and don't want a big dusty mess).

I like to find out where the studs are first, then cut right up to the
inside edge of one, the idea being to sister another stud next to it as
the stud which holds the replacement panel.

Jon