Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Pentium IV computers have "internal" USB port?

On 01/31/2014 04:58 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 23:14:25 +0100, nestork
wrote:

Thanks for trying to help guys, but I contacted the manufacturer of my
KVM switch (IOGear) and they said that simply using a USB to PS/2
adapter wouldn't work. They said I'd have to provide PS/2 ports for
keyboard and mouse on the new computer somehow.

I think the Synergy software solution might be fine for some, but I have
two computers; a business computer and an internet surfing computer.
I'm concerned that without the two computers being physically separated,
any virus or malicious software I get onto the surfing computer could
infect my business computer as well. This is an important issue with me
that I'm not willing to compromise on.

What groups are there on usenet that are dedicated to computer hardware
issues?

The adapters work with all my KVM switches including the one IOGear that I own.
$3, what's to lose?

I agree. I think the $3 gamble is worth it.

I have very rarely found anyone at "tech support" to know what they are
talking about.

I guess because I was bored I contact a mfg's tech support and asked
them the same question about six or eight times.

I got (at random it seemed) one of a total of three different answers.