nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Thanks for trying to help guys, but I contacted the manufacturer of my KVM switch (IOGear) and they said that simply using a USB to PS/2 adapter wouldn't work. They said I'd have to provide PS/2 ports for keyboard and mouse on the new computer somehow.

I think the Synergy software solution might be fine for some, but I have two computers; a business computer and an internet surfing computer. I'm concerned that without the two computers being physically separated, any virus or malicious software I get onto the surfing computer could infect my business computer as well. This is an important issue with me that I'm not willing to compromise on.

What groups are there on usenet that are dedicated to computer hardware issues?