Craig

Default Handyman Club of America - WTF?

Leon wrote:

"Craig" wrote in message

Well, spit it out for goodness sake and try to say something intelligent.

OK, ;~) Hook, Line, and Sinker.

Seriously though, I was not trying to belittle you or make fun of you. This
story of yours has been discussed over and over except with a different
name. IF you get what you think you are going to get, it will be the first
time that I have read of and that will be good for you. But, if something
seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Cool. - But in relation to the response I was trying to belittle you or
make fun of you for sake of the silly response. - Old newsgroup habit.
Years ago I had approached the whole affair to be polite and have a go
at polite exchange. As time went on I came to an attitude of WTF and to
pretty much reflect what I perceive.
Your initial response certainly did not impress me as a constructive
offering to some dumb**** newbie to your group.

Do you always reply with something as stupid in response to someone

describing

an event?

No. Sorry, I through it was just going to be the beginning of a thread that
goes the same way over and over, which is is proving to be so far. I
actually got the feeling that you worked for HMofA. NO ONE has ever given
that publication such on going praise.

Praise? - I will have to look back at my original post. I thought I had
speculated that it was some drug front or money laundering or bogus tax
write off outfit. - ??
At any rate they had first impressed me as just another run of the mill
rip-off but then came to make me wonder if it isn't some folks who just
don't have their **** all that well together.
I guess my current bottom line is that they are unusual. ;-)

Well, I used to order some magazines from Publisher Clearing House. I
think three was the number of trials they offered back when. I would
usually get about three issues of some mag' and bitching that I should
pay them for something.
Then there was the ten CD's for a penny - or whatever silly offer. So I
would get some CD's that some of the plastic boxes appeared as if they
had been stepped on. The CD's themselves was good but the packaging was
often crap that could not have sold in the stores.

Or maybe you can tell me how I have gone wrong so far, moron.

I suspect the check in the mail will turn out to be not what you have been
lead to believe. Again, if it sounds too good to be true...

I dunno. My local grocery store cashed it. - If I'd had a bank account
I suppose I might have let it age awhile before determining the money
was real.

But yea - that 'good good to be true' was what enthused me to do a
Google and saw that there was a few posts to this group a couple weeks
ago. - Seemed like a fun thing to carry on about. - I would have posted
to my usual haunts but it did not seem that it would be so fun as would
be where some folks have had some dealing or awareness of the silly outfit.

Maybe I should have lurked this group for a bit to discover who is the

ever

present idiot that every group seems to have resident.

Probably so, as so far I think you are jumping to conclusions.

LOL - Don't take it too hard. I just figure that when someones sets a
pace I am happy to go with it.

But no matter. As it stands I am $14.00 and a glue spreader ahead. Maybe

you

are bitchy that they came out ahead on you so far? ;-)

No, I think I have 14 of their glue spreaders and 4 or 5 drill gauges but
still no oblication on my part or money out of my pocket to them.

Shucks! I only got one glue spreader. Some glue in the minimag take off
and the lens stays in and it works. - I could see a cavity in the
fracture where the plier jaw broke off. - Maybe I ought to see if it is
still in garbage somewhere and break it up some more to see if that is
common throughout the metal.

LOL - Reminds me of a knife I purchased one time. Cheap "Rambo"
survivalist thing but the wire saw in the handle came cheaper than
buying a wire saw like it. - Quality control was amazing. One could
chose among the bunch if they wanted to have compass North indicate by
looking at the handle at eye level and see 'N' or to look down at the
handle and 'N' would be on North instead of South side.
Anyway I sharpened the thing and it took a good shaving edge. I thought
that was pretty cool so gave it to a buddy and went and got a few more.
- I guess that first was a fluke because none of the others I got could
be sharpened worth a sh*t.

Oh well. - What is the profit in smarting off at dumb newbies anyway? -
Oh well, not so bad as in anti-virus group that used to - maybe still
has - some asshole who would frighten the timid from asking questions
that said asshole would bitch about it not being asked right. - Even one
of the most knowlegable persons in that group used to be such a nasty
flamer that I would entertain myself for days on end flamikng him until
he killfiled or decided to ignore me. - Well, I think that one can tell
someone that they should not open an executable or should not click on
much of anything that comes in unsoliceted email without having to tell
them what stupid bozo they is for having done so. I would suppose that
the most of folks who come desperately asking for advice at a virus
group has some immediate problem and has not had previous opportunity to
know what some smart asses think they should know already. - Hell, no
use in even telling someone that they are ignorant. Myself figures that
it is the stupid asshole with big ego who cannot just give some aid to
the ignorant without accompanying insult. - Whatever ....

Were I working for them bozo's don't you think I would have come
praising the quality of the crap they sent me?
Well, the little screwdriver set is certainly better than some I got at
the 99cent store. - but a little JB weld in the shanks probably made
them as good as this set that they HCA claimed is ten dollar value.

--
We might have to disrupt the democratic process because the terrorists
might try to disrupt the democratic process.