Craig

Default Handyman Club of America - WTF?

Charlie Self wrote:

Craig writes:

Read it.
Crap does not matter other than what it said on the check. Nothing on

the

check
obligated one to anything.
What was in the letter? - Lot of glowing stuff. But it does not matter.

Jeerz. You know, if I'd known that, I'd have ignored the letter that came with
my last book advance, cashed the check and gone on my way.

You may well find yourself obligated to something you don't want to do--pay for
what you are getting.

Claiming there was no letter in your particular check might work, but it also
might not, and could end up with some nasty notes to your local not-so-friendly
credit bureau.

Good luck.

Charlie Self
"I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'"
Garrison Keillor

Yea - that might be where I have it over some folks. My credit is non existent.
Macy's was silly enough to have sent me a card back before sending unsolicited
cards was outlawed. Both Fed and State government gave up years ago sending me
bills for crap that was mistake on their parts. - I assume that if I ever paid
any state income tax that I should get a return they would keep the return. I
suppose if I won the lottery I would give someone else the ticket and go halves.
;-) - Hey! even if it were ten times what they say I owe I would rather give
fifty percent to a buddy than give ten percent to them.

--
We might have to disrupt the democratic process because the terrorists might try
to disrupt the democratic process.