Craig

Default Handyman Club of America - WTF?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Craig" wrote in message

Read it.
Crap does not matter other than what it said on the check. Nothing on the

check

obligated one to anything.
What was in the letter? - Lot of glowing stuff. But it does not matter.
Suppose I sent you a check and a letter that said that if you cashed my

check

you would be required to ... whatever.
Or suppose that I sent you a check and then later tried to claim that I

also

sent a letter with a lot of conditions ....

I'm looking forward to the follow up in a month or two. HCA is not giving
away money because they like you. Maybe the fine print is finer than usual
here.
Ed

LOL - I will certainly post follow up.
I have tossed checks before because they had some conditions written on them. -
Though most checks that such outfits send are good toward some amount of their
over priced product.
I have me quite a stack of CD's that outfits have sent me but did not include
return postage. - I notice that all the offers have prepaid postage if sent
within US but all the follow up crap costs money to return the stuff they sent.

Anyway - they sent me stuff. - I saw someone mention that they might have got
my name for buying stuff at Harbor Freight. Then maybe I returned a postcard.
They sent me the 'glue spreader' right off and, when I did a Google on the
outfit I think it was this group had a run of laughs back in nineteen ninety
something over the outfit sending same crap then. - I guess some folks got a
wire gage glue spreader instead of a drill gage glue spreader. Myself being into
rather small projects tends to favor them credit card sized glue spreaders that
can be got at some store checkouts.

Anyway - things went on and they sent me a bill for subscription to their
magazine - or membership or whatever. - I forget what they sent me that had
already proven to be a POS. I already said about the flashlight and the folding
pliers with all the blades thing .... I think that was offered as my first free
thing but they were billing me, so I wrote on the back of the bill that I wanted
to see the stuff they promised first. Later I got a 'thank you' for full payment
and then came the trash things that I have gotten better quality at the 99cent
store. - The recent set of small screwdrivers seems good though. At least the
bit does not turn in the handle when I put more torque on it than a screw could
ever do.
I think I did return something bitching about the flashlight pushing the
reflector through the end by popping the lens out and the plier jaw breaking off
when cutting a weedeater string. ??

So, they gonna send the local constabulary to haul me away, kicking and
screaming, because they even had my name spelled wrong on the crap they sent me?
Ruin my credit? - I don't have any.
Small print? Would have had to been invisible ink.

Oh well, I am ahead so far. I sent them ten bucks for the book. Had they sent
the book and it had been the usual thing that I had to pay postage to send it
back I probably would have just kept it and not sent them squat. But I kind a
liked the book - hardcover - and it didn't cost but about twice the price of a
magazine and it did have some things of interest.
I sent them ten bucks and they sent me twenty four bucks and the screwdrivers
seem good if the metal does not strip in some tiny screws.

Damn! - Just getting some whiffs of definite methamphetamine oder. - I did
three years for manufacturing the stuff even though I never did manufacture the
stuff. - I had done some dealing with the stuff and then got fed up with the
folks one had to deal with and told the folks to go away and not bother me
anymore. - Then a neighbor got his self a problem and set my ass up ....
Hey! You been following that Lacy Peterson case? - Some of the same cops is
involved in that. I think that this county is spoiled by too long getting away
with sloppy and generally corrupt police work and they do not know how to deal
with competent opposition. The ******* probably did it and may well get away
with it because of idiot cops who have gotten away with so much **** that they
get into bad habits taking for granted that they can get away with it.

But I digress.

Oh well, I see that there are some other responses to some of my posts. About
time I take look to see if anyone has had such silly experience as my own - or
if anyone has come to the defense of that silly person with the one liner smart
ass response.

--
We might have to disrupt the democratic process because the terrorists might try
to disrupt the democratic process.