Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.satellite.gps
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Trying to understand the current draw of a Samsung Galaxy S3 under GPS & low battery

Per Danny D.:
I realized the
constant "GPS signal lost" audible warnings
were actually due to the fact the battery was
at 17%.

Worse yet, apparently 17% is the critical point
in the curve where the phone can't keep up with
the GPS and the GPS keeps shutting off (rendering
it useless)....

I rooted my N7000 Note and removed everything that I could think of that
was not there for *me*.

I think it helped a little on battery consumption and I could usually
make it through a day without getting below 30%.

But every so often, this phone will draw an unexpected and unexplained
amount and the battery's charge will drop a *lot* in a few hours.

That being the case, I opted for a double-capacity battery from Mugen
and it seems to have reduced my chances of running dry during a day's
use to zero.

If ZeroLemon made one of their triple-capacity batteries for the N7000,
I would have bought one. They do make one for the S3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7NTukwTDOM
--
Pete Cresswell