Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Thermostatic timer plug?

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On Friday 31 January 2014 15:32 Maurice wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Been looking for a thermostatic timer plug for use with e.g. a fan
heater to maintain a daytime temperature in an attic room, but 'off'
during the night.

Have looked around the web in vain, apart from one 'not available' on
the Amazon site.

Anyone know of one, please?

I wouldn't do two of those things:

1) Not a fan heater - they are fundamentally unsafe if left unattended.
I don't even like them nominally attended.

The only time I've used a fire extinguisher in anger was on one of those
fans.

Fluff builds up or the motor fails. I have had 2 from Argos actually
melt their casing due to this.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18