Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Ping for Andrew Gabriel

Hi Andrew ... in the post below you asked me for data on the LED
Standard W10 Silicon Bridge Rectifiers ...

-----------------

Can you point to the datasheet for your LEDs?
My calculation assumed 40mA non-repetitive peak current.

What design constraints have you got (such as max power
dissipation per indicator)?

Here is datasheet on Br Rectifiers ...
http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/data...y/mXyzsrux.pdf

LED are standard 5mm LED (100mcd) ... forward Voltage 1.8-2.2V
20mA nominal current, 40mA maximum.

Capacitor are X2 rated, Polypropylene MPX 0.47uF
Withstand Voltage 275V AC
Rating Voltage 250V AC

No specific design constraint on display, just something that will
illuminate them.

I have purchased the capacitors, Br Rectifiers & LED so keen not to
waste these ...

Were you able to take a look at cct to see if there is suitable a
resistor or modification that allows use of these components, while
reducing the risk you (thankfully ) pointed out of blowing the LED's

One suggestion was to increase resistor to 680R

Welcome your advice.