Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:38:13 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
wrote:

We bought an old house that had an old stove. We used the stove for years. It was an RCA and had only one of its burners controlled by a timer. It worked great and my wife loved it. Nothing since has been as good as the old RCA. And nothing has the great timer feature on a burner.

It probably resulted in people leaving there burners unattended. You

could always wire a timer to a 110v burner.

If you mean he could use a plug-in timer with a 110V hot plate,
yes he could do that. If you mean actually re-wiring some appliance burner
then that would mean it's no longer UL listed and code compliant.