Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

Swingman wrote:
On 1/30/2014 7:28 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

I know that is true of Home Depot - and I would assume the same with
Lowe's.

Are Home Depot and Lowes not "authorized dealers" of tools like
DeWalt?

I think you missed my point Karl. Was just saying that I knew HD adheres to
the same policy and I would guess that Lowe's does too. See below for the
original unsnipped content... Has nothing to do with authorized dealers.
Sorry if I created a misunderstanding.

I'm really surprised. Sams/Walmart's deal with manufacturers is that
they take everything back, no questions asked. I'm told, by an
electronics manufacturer that the deal is so one-sided, he would even
have to "take a truckload of lawnmowers back".

AIUI, all of the big box stores are similar.

Had I bought the chairs at Star or Fingers the remedy at worst would
have been for me to return it to the store that I bought it, not
ship it back to the manufacturer.

I know that is true of Home Depot - and I would assume the same with Lowe's.