Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default A sign that the dishwasher is malfunctioning and should be replaced?

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 13:56:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

micky- yes, that vertical black strip in the photos is the rubber seal, and=
yes all the gunk (everyone seems to think that's rust-

I only thought it was rust because of the color. That doesn't mean it
is rust. If it's just scummy dirt/gunk, wash it off and you're good to
go.

I honestly wasn't e=
ven sure what the heck it was) is only on the outside. And no rust is visi=
ble when the dishwasher door is shut. Also in addition to there being no p=
uddles on the floor during/after the dishwasher runs, there also isn't any =
steam coming out from it when it runs either.

Yes, the toe-kick means t he panel on the bottom. Definitely you can
take that off and look for puddles. You could even look underneath
while the DW is running. But actually, I don't see why or how a drip
underneath would make theose rust-colored things in the front, so
there's no reason to think it's dripping underneath.