Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default DeWalt #705 12" CMS at Costco

-MIKE- wrote in
:

On 1/29/14, 6:33 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/29/2014 5:04 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 1/29/2014 4:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Most tool companies don't give a crap where you bought
their tool if it's new-in-the box. When you register it
with their warranty department, as long as you have a
receipt showing it was bought new, they will register
the warranty. I bought a new-in-box saw at a flea
market once and the company honored the purchase.

But more specific to the topic, ALL Dewalt tools
purchased at ANY retailer, including Costco and Sams,
are covered under Dewalts warranties, according to their
customer service. More old wives tales, as is par for
the course in here.

EXACTLY! To add, Costco will provide a full refund for
ANY merchandise purchased from them.

For how long?

"We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell
with a full refund. The following must be returned within
90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors,
computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, MP3
players and cellular phones."

Other than those things, you can return an item at any
time, for any reason. Now, I'm pretty sure they'd cancel
membership of someone who continually abused that policy.

I can verify they are very liberal with their return policies.
I purchased a home security camera system online from them and
the "special" was they would double the warranty making it 2
years.

15 months after purchase it died. I took it back and had a no
questions asked refund credited to my Amex in about 10
minutes. No original box, no receipt. They even looked it up
in my history to find the purchase date.