Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cstool20636@gmail.com is offline

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Monday, June 10, 2013 12:43:28 PM UTC-4, Robert wrote:
Is anyone aware of an electric range that has timers

which can be set for the electric burners on the

cooktop ??

Thanks ...

We bought an old house that had an old stove. We used the stove for years. It was an RCA and had only one of its burners controlled by a timer. It worked great and my wife loved it. Nothing since has been as good as the old RCA. And nothing has the great timer feature on a burner. It would seem that a lot of practical ideas of the past have been dispensed with now and people are unaware of an era when things had more good functions and less gimmicks. And lasted and were designed to be fixed. My Dad had a Crosley Shelvedoor Refrig that was still working after 50 yrs. The door hinge pins were wearing out.