Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Walk-in-tub

On 1/30/2014 10:47 AM, wrote:

Nice rip-off deal for the power company - same charge forever long after the unit has been paid for.

We had a rental gas burner in a previous home. After the rental added
up to the purchase price, it was ours (no more monthly rental). Since
they installed the gas service for nothing, it was a pretty good deal,
all around.

When I lived in Philadelphia many years ago, both the gas and electric
companies offered appliances. They wanted to sell power so they would
make it easy for you to buy a new refrigerator or stove. That was back
in the 50's. I don't recall when they stopped it, probably around the
60's. That was back when people used to go to the gas/phone/electric
comp any office to pay the bill and the internet was not even a dream yet.