Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default A sign that the dishwasher is malfunctioning and should be replaced?

On 01/30/2014 12:54 AM, wrote:
Hi. This is regarding my 11 year old Whirlpool dishwasher. Please see these photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42245531@N05/11813322735/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42245531@N05/11813333655/

So the question is, does whatever this is imply that the dishwasher has some critical problem? It does a great job cleaning the dishes- there is no issue with that aspect of it at all. But my husband is thinking that this may indicate that it is leaking, somehow (although we're not finding any water on the kitchen floor coinciding with its operation... but he's afraid that it may be seeping in areas that we can't see from the outside, and doing all sorts of scary internal damage to the house). So if anyone could possibly shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated- thanks.

That it disgusting and unsanitary. Even if you could get it fixed, how
are you going to get it disinfected?

It will of course have to be replaced as well as the surrounding area.

Also: When posting photos do not use a link where your personal photos
will be displayed. As you can see, this has now created quite a circus.

Also don't use your real email address or you will probably get spammed.