Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On 30/01/2014 10:18, John Williamson wrote:

So don't travel in "rush hour", why does a paper pushers working day
have to be synchronised with any other paper pusher? Or even don't
travel at all, what is the advantage of sitting in front of a
computer in an plush office over sitting at a computer in a home
office?

Inertia on the accountants' side of life. There are also many managers
who like to see the wage slaves grafting at a hot keyboard, and don't
trust the many technological ways of monitoring work.

Some things are better done in person too. And I say this as somebody
who's worked away from the office for over ten years and also works at
different times to most of my colleagues.