Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Hello sir ! I was just in the area ...

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:03:20 +0000, John Williamson wrote:

Public transport will have a job to make a come back, as usage now is
higher than it's been in a *long* while.

So that'll be why our County Council is proposing to axe the subsidy
on a couple of dozen routes up here then. They are basing this on
lack of use and cost. This will mean a number of places have no bus
at all, not even the *weekly* one they have at present.

Certainly in the London area, there is a lot of crowding at peak hours,
with 100,000 people daily being unable to find a seat during the rush
hour.

So don't travel in "rush hour", why does a paper pushers working day
have to be synchronised with any other paper pusher? Or even don't
travel at all, what is the advantage of sitting in front of a
computer in an plush office over sitting at a computer in a home
office?

--
Cheers
Dave.