Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Telegraph pole stay

On 2014-01-29, Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

I don't much about wayleaves and *paying* for them, but any stay on your
land should be written up in the deeds stating that the company has a
right to enter your land to maintain it. I've never heard of a company
having to pay for the right to have a pole on someone's land.

My parents used to get a tiny payment (£10/yr? I forget) for the pole
in their garden in Cheddar. It was over 30 years ago, though.

They send me £7/yr for a pole in my garden.
You are entitled to it.
All you have to do is ask and it will be sent for ever more.
The local network provider will have a department just for this.

This all came in when the utilities were privatised I think.
Before then, you got nothing